Sunday, July 24, 2011

Oh, Blogger, Where Art Thou?

I've been basking in every moment of alone time I've been able to steal with my dear husband who is venturing out for a big adventure and very soon. The blog has taken on some inevitable neglect in the wake of this. Naturally.

I wore this dress recently when we attended my stepsister's wedding at a vineyard & winery {photos to follow}. It was $20 at a little vendor stand during Sidewalk Days. Her tent had no name. She was just a quiet woman with lovely, affordable dresses. Magical.

The wedding color was purple, so it was fun to have something breezy to match. I did do quite a bit of surveying about the questionable tact of wearing white to a wedding. It's a a largely outdated notion, according to my sources. So, I wore it happily. What do you all think about dress rules for wedding attendees? Is this a polarizing issue?

I got to have him with me on this pretty day.
ps: I colored my hair red{ish-goldish}.

dress: the mysterious vendor, cardigan: Merona, belt: Charlotte Russe, earrings: Forever21, sandal wedges: Attention, nail polish: Sally Hansen Salon Series ~ Thinking of Blue.

photos by Peanut.

2 comments:

  1. I think dress rules are dependent on the couple whose day it is. If you know them well and they won't care, go for it. If you don't, better safe than sorry, and pick something more . . . morbid without being crepe-y.

    I, personally, think it's an antiquated notion, but if the couple happens to hold to said notion, it's not the day I'm going to take a stand on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Sarah! You are so pretty as always! Okay, here are my comments:
    1) That first picture reminds me of "The hills are aliiiiiiiiive..."
    2) I think the "rules" about wedding guest attire depend on the wedding. A more informal, outdoor wedding of friends? Wear what you want and what will make you look cute and feel comfy. Something more formal, maybe a family wedding? Go dressy and try not to be too matchy to any of the wedding. But really? Wear what you want with confidence and blast the people who question your choices! :)

    ReplyDelete