Monday, May 09, 2011

A Serious Woman

I feel very serious in this dress.
It's deep navy color & structured line is much more earnest and architectural than my typical choices. But when I saw it on the rack, the pleated shoulder seam caught my attention and eventually I decided that the sweetheart faux-neckline was such an effective balance of modest and tart that I simply couldn't pass it up.
{Bonus: it was $13.}
All perfection aside, I simply couldn't ignore the opportunity for a little whimsy-contrast. These shiny yellow ballet flats are from a tiny pink shoppe in Milan, Italy called Lolita. I got them last summer on a trip there. They are comfy & fun {+ these bad boys were only $10 USD}. This sweet headband was a gift from my wonderful, fabulous friend Ilsa. Thank you soooo much again, love!



dress: Charlotte Russe, cardigan & tights: Gap, headband: gift, yellow flats: Lolita Milano
photos by Peanut.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, sexy dress. I love the colors that you surrounded them with but the headband really caught my eyes. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much, hurricanekerrie! That's a huge compliment coming from you :)

    ReplyDelete