Wednesday, May 04, 2011

When Brown Comes to Town {+ I Smile}

Usually, when I think of shades of brown, I think autumn. However, I have recently developed an affinity for earthy neautrals with simple splashes of spring colors; pastel, citrus or brights. Deep down, I'd mix bolds + bolds 'til my dying day {I write this in a tie-dyed sweatshirt & polka dotted blue comfy pants}, but I'm really starting to appreciate the fresh effect of a lighter touch. And I have fellow style bloggers to thank for the inspiration.

I am also participating {for the 1st time} in Jessica's I Smile Wednesdays. I haven't quite landed on a format yet, so for this week I'll wing it...
The mid-week premise over at Monster Cakes is to revisit your big & small smiley moments and share them.
Here are mine.
I smile...
* after an amazing weekend @ the 1920's-themed gala last weekend & all the fun and connections it brought us.
* because of a celebration dinner with Peanut on Monday {for what, you ask? stay tuned :0) }
* during cuddle time with my favorite furry friend {Mazel}, during this rainy afternoon/evening
* because of this scarf, which makes me glow {figuratively and literally ~ very reflective sequins}
*at these sweet blue buds poking up in the backyard ~ reminding me that spring is planting it's feet and it's flowers!
dress: Mata Traders, cardigan, scarf & earrings: Charlotte Russe, tights: gift, shoes: Rocket Dog, nail polish: China Glaze ~ Flyin' High.
photos by Peanut.

3 comments:

  1. Yey for smiles! This makes me so happy! Thank you for the sweet compliment friend. Happy National Day of Prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute... and love the smiles!
    Neat post!

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    MyLyfeMyStory on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Monster Cakes ~ thank you! and I hope you had a fabulous weekend with your mom! H Rija ~ love what you are doing with your blog!

    ReplyDelete