Thursday, February 17, 2011

...hello...?

The other day P asked if I was suffering from blogger's burnout.
Then he asked, "Are you going to post a picture in a couple of days & say, 'This is not 30-for-30. But I look FLY'?".

The answer to both of these ?'s, gentle readers, is "no". I'm not going to reappear on this blog until I'm back in the 30-for-30 saddle. And I'm not suffering from blog burnout.

What P failed to mention in his line of questioning, was that a good part of the post-plateau falls on his shoulders. He is one busy fellow. And he's my photag.

I've been busy too. I decided that to preserve the integrity of my blog's very essence {fun}, when faced with schedule-mania + the threat of blogger's burnout, I'd just have to know when to say when. But I shall return {soon!} And I would like to share a couple of posts on what I has been storming my creative world in the meantime.

Recently, I had the very distinct pleasure of designing hairstyles for {another} theatrical production at, my alma mater, The College of St. Scholastica.
This winter's show was Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.

I got to author, craft & execute some super-fun 1930's-40's era hairstyles.

Pictured below are the show's 2 leads, Vera Claythorne & Captain Lombard. For Vera, we first highlighted her dark brown hair {formerly colored for the fall production of Twelfth Knight}. Then, using sponge rollers for prep, we pinned up her curls softly to shape them into a romantic faux bob.

Men's hair is rarely quite as exciting to design, and most of the men in this show had pretty slick, '40's 'do's, but the brunette gentleman on the left did shed his shoulder length, gorgeous curly locks for this role. And the inquisitive bloke in the front did a fabulous job taming his fine feathers into this polished look. There were 8 men total that were designed for.

It's hard to see the 2nd actress's hair in this shot, but she played the thin-lipped spinster, Emily Brent, her hair was set in pin-curls that formed a headband-like shape in the front with a severe, low bun in the back.


The show was wonderful and sold out the entire second weekend. Nothing like a good murder mystery to warm your blood on a cold winter's night.

photos by AV Photography.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, busy other one. And that's right - blog in the name of fun. If it isn't out of gratitude, it's not the right attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hairstyles are gorgeous (and so is Captain Lombard heee heee!) You're right, blog for fun--that's what blogging is all about anyway, right? To have fun? :)

    ReplyDelete