Thursday, February 03, 2011

::Two=of=Thirty::

Outfit 2! This was my ensemble for P's opening night. It was a great time, the show was wonderful, we stayed out too late, I was really tired at work the next day and it was totally worth it.


I'm not a big fan of heels. I realize their multiple benefits to posture + leg-lengthening and I acknowledge that their place in wardrobe design is a high one. I've just always had a weakness for the gamine vibe of a ballet flat and, consequently, never mastered heels. I generally look like a young girl trying to walk in her mother's shoes when I attempt them {in all honesty, my mom prefers flats}.

But a special gift-giving treasure angel recently gave me these barely-used mary-jane heels by Born -- and wow, am I lucky. They are so sturdy, so squishy & so wonderful. I feel like I won the heel lottery. I actually wore these heels from 7:30am to 2:00am and my feet weren't sore at all.

Miraculous!



dress: Nice, France, cardigan & tights: Target, mary-jane heels: Born (gift), flower pin: Forever21, earrings: Charlotte Russe.

photos by Peanut.

6 comments:

  1. 1. Love the colors going on in here. I think your dress is adorable!

    2. Your hair is super cute!!! That flower makes it even cuter!

    3. Hello from New Hope, MN! Looks like we're going to have a warm weekend. Have a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dress and shoes. I need some mary-jane's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello fellow remixer! i love what you did with this outfit, and the detailing on the front of the shoes is adorable. love love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello fellow remixer:) I found you from Kendis remix list...so glad I did...Im totally following your blog now!! Your style is alot like mine.....you are super cute....love the red dress and of course hair piece...rock on:)

    Nice to meet you!!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Check out my 30x30 Remix….Let’s do this!♥

    ReplyDelete