Saturday, December 11, 2010

Guest Blog: JennieB!

Hey everyone, I'd like to introduce you to my dear, wonderful friend JennieB from Minneapolis {"Hi JennieB!"}. JennieB is an ultra-cool, wicked smart, style maven and she also happens to be one of my favorite people in the whole world. She came to visit As Good As Her Petals and share a little bit of what life is like from her wardrobe...



Petals: "Hi Jennie, thanks for blogging with me ~ your pictures are great! Can we get the outfit details for this breezy, cute ensemble?"
JB: Thanks for having me! I got this shirt as a give away from a friend who just moved in with her partner and had limited closet space. At first I was a little unsure about it, but putting the pink tank underneath changed my mind.
{Crocheted top + shoes: gift; Pink tank + Jeans: Express; Earrings: gift}

Petals: "Living in MPLS, you must have tons of great chain stores as well as boutiques and shops around, what are some of your favorites?"
JB: My favorite thrift shop is Rewind in NE Minneapolis. It recently expanded & added men's clothing, and their accessory selection is enormous! My new favorite shop is Primp in St. Paul. It's a "cheap-chic boutique" & everything in the store is under $100. It's all fabulous.

Petals: "On average, how many new items do you think you add to your wardrobe in a month?"
JB: Honestly, not much. Last month I think I bought a new broach and that was all. I've been saving for the past couple months and am about to go on a shopping spree in San Francisco for my 30th birthday - holler!
Hello Forever 21 with THREE LEVELS!!

Petals: "How would you describe your style personality?"
JB: Well it's definitely evolved over the years. When I was younger I was basically a walking ad for Express. Now I have come into my own style rather than simply replicating what I saw on mannequins. I've never really thought about myself as being any "good" at styling or as having a particular style. I just like to look nice & have fun with my clothes.

Petals: "If you were taking a trip where you had inside info that you would be stranded on an island with a perfectly alternating (cool + warm) climate, what 10 items (including accessories) would you pack?"
Swim suit
Sarong
Flip Flops
Wine key
Long sweater
Party dress
Wedges
Earrings
Scarf


Petals: "What new trend/s are you loving most?"
JB: I'm obsessed with the faux fur vests and infinity scarves.

Petals: "And what are you hating most trend-wise?"
Nothing yet!

Petals: "If you had an unlimited budget, what city and what stores or kind of stores, would you choose to clothes + jewelry shop in?"
JB: Ohh..this one is tough. Honestly, probably Minneapolis/St Paul. There are great stores here that have everything I need! With an unlimited budget I would stick to boutiques like Primp, Picky Girl, Stella Blu +Cliche. And this amazing store called Fun Sisters.

Petals: "Any special items on your Christmas list this year?"
JB: I need to have this skirt.
And I'm really liking the new OPI line "Burlesque" from the new movie I can't wait to see with her majesty Cher.




Can you spot JennieB in this flashback photo? Hint: that lady loves shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment