Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year, New You

Happy New Year!

I love reinvention and what better time than the end of the year to say goodbye to the old & hello to the new? I spent the day gettin my herr did + getting dressed for some NYE celebration. We went to a friend's {amazing} place, overindulged for hours and laughed our butts off. It was perfect.

I went for a flapper vibe a bit, because for some reason 20's-30's makes me think of New Year's. And plenty of sparkle. It was a fun outfit to lounge in fancily. Fancy-lounging is my new favorite way to celebrate the holidays.


I got this awesome nail polish today too, it's from the OPI Burlesque line. It's called Sparklicious. It took 3 coats to get it opaque without a color underneath, a tip I snagged from awesome Katie, the nail polish maven. I love this color. It looks like fireworks...perfect for New Year's Eve.


black bubble dress & black sequined shrug: Forever21, black cowl neck tee: Target, tights: We Love Colors (gift from my mom), earrings: Charlotte Russe, nail polish: OPI ~ Sparklicious, headband: Bethany Lorelle (gift from my mom), neckalce: Lia Sophia {gift from my mom too!! :) }


I also couldn't resist including these snaps of the one I kissed at midnight. He looked so dapper. :)


photos by Peanut.

3 comments:

  1. Great colors, headband, etc, but the hair caps it off; perfect 20s vibe, yet completely modern. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the nail polish!!!! And you are totally right about the 20's feeling like New Years. I wonder what that is?

    ReplyDelete