Saturday, December 11, 2010

My 1st Guest Blog: Amy Z.


Greetings All! It’s Amy Zavaleta coming at you from Chicago, Illinois – it is my honor and pleasure to be doing a guest blog entry on As Good As Her Petals! Cheers!!

Fall has arrived, my friends, and a ‘90’s Grunge’ revival has taken the fashion runways. Having been obsessed with the grunge scene as a young lass but too young to really embrace it, I couldn’t be more excited to give the contemporary version a go. This ‘careless’ style gives one room to combine different styles/patterns of clothing while maintaining an urban chic feel! Since I have yet to add to my fall wardrobe this year (dang you money!) I pulled pieces from my existing closet. Good thing recycled clothing is what the 90’s grunge look is all about!


v-neck Tee: TJMaxx, cotton leggings: Hue, long vest: twentyone @ Forever21, scarf: thrifted, ring: vintage, bracelet and drop earrings: boutique find in NYC, tall boots: Arturo Chiang, nail color: ‘The Jungle Look’ by Ulta, lip stain: ‘Lover’ by Stila, sunglasses: Revlon.




















I think a good rule of thumb is to wear a classic ‘base’ with punches of ‘trend’ here and there. First, as a signature look this autumn I’ve decided to wear an intense red lip (inspired by Grunge rock goddesses!) wherever I go. In this outfit, I let my accessories do most of the work – I love my scarves! Softening up edgier wear with a few feminine touches is key, so for jewelry I kept it simple with a classic ring, some bangles and pearl drop earrings. And for those sunny fall days with long shadows, sunglasses are a must. Lastly, stompin’ boots. A good pair of boots really pulls an outfit together, I say!

On the ‘I-want-them-therefore-I-will-make-it-happen’ list:

These awesome vintage-style combat boots by Jeffrey Campbell.


No comments:

Post a Comment